European Joint Conferences on Theory and Practice of Software
Financial Support for Young European Participants
- The Training and Mobility of Researchers (TMR) Programme of the European
Community (Activity 4) can provide financial support to selected young
researchers and post graduate students to enable them to attend the Euroconference
ETAPS 98. This support is made available via the European Association for
Programming Languages and Systems (EAPLS).
- The support includes part of the conference fees, of the travel and
accommodation costs. The exact amount of individual support depends on
the applications received. In case the applications exceed the available
budget for this purpose, decisions are made in consultation with the boards
of EAPLS and ETAPS. But it can be guaranteed that some support will be
granted to every applicant who fulfills the conditions below:
- Nationality: European Union and Norway, Israel, Iceland, Liechtenstein.
We can not support more than one third of the participants of the same
nationality or who work in the same country.
- Age: 35 or younger
- Application: An application form is available in word
and pdf formats, and it can be obtained by
fax from the organisers (send request to email@example.com).
The completed application form has to be sent to the local organizer together
with the registration form. Both have to be received not later than February
28. Applicants have to pay PTE 20000 together with their registration.
This amount will be reimbursed if the applicant decides to cancel.
- Participation: TMR-granted participants have to attend at least
one of the subconferences of ETAPS'98 completely.
- Travel: The maximum reimbursement of travel expenses is the
most economical air fare or 2nd class train fare.
- Accommodation: The maximum reimbursement of accommodation expenses
is for lodging in a hotel of class C (see registration form) for the number
of nights during full conference participation, and for meals at facilities
as recommended by the local organizer.